Thursday, July 15, 2010

the graduate

Gracelyn had her first graduation last Wednesday. It was not an official "ceremony" or even a graduation common to most babies but one that was filled with tears from me, her mother. After 16 weeks since she was discharged from the hospital and began therapy, Gracie graduated from physical therapy!!
she army crawled over to me and they tried to get her to pull up on me.
She didn't but they stood her up and gave me this adorable face!


It was definitely not a surprise. I knew it was quickly approaching with how incredibly well she was doing AND was told that Monday (before leaving on our camping trip) she would just come in last week for a sort of "check."
a pep talk from Mr. Derrick when she wouldn't do anything.
she looks like she's really listening but she wasn't!

Once again, she blew us away. Mr. Derrick laid her on the mat and she immediately got up on all fours. She paused there for a moment and then laid back down. PHENOMENAL! She amazes me!
LOOK AT THAT FORM!!

It was almost as if she knew this session was it for her because she didn't really listen all that well. And aside from the crawling position stance she performed right off, that was the extent of her tricks. She ignored Mr. Derrick and crawled toward me and also posed often for all her admirers. She got up on all fours a few times throughout the session just to show-off but that was it.
posing

He really tried to get her to either sit from a lay or attempt to pull up but she wasn't really interested in either idea. Gracelyn is very close to sitting up from the floor and he predicted her to be crawling by this week. Now that I am just blogging about her graduation and it is a week later, I can report that she is not sitting up from the floor or crawling on all fours.

the light up flower is tempting but not enough...

I might have mentioned a time or two, or twenty, she is a miracle. In 16 weeks she has made so much progress. SO.MUCH! To go from a 5 month old baby that was truly at a newborn level to an almost 9 month old that is close to an almost 9 month old level, WOW!! It makes me cry and gives me chills.

I will miss the staff at Jim Thorpe sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. They mean so much to me and to Gracie and have worked so hard with her. I can not thank them enough.

Mr. Derrick.
he pushed her like I never did and made her mad like I never did but she really does love him. (despite how she looks in the picture, it was naptime!)

Gracie and Ms. Bev!
Bev is the glue that holds that place together and keeps those boys as in line as she possibly can! We love her so much!!!

last but definitely NOT least, Mr. Rusty!
He is a goofball and no matter what Mr. Derrick was making her do, if Mr. Rusty walked by or Gracie heard or caught sight of him across the room, she stared and smiled.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! Such a sweet baby girl! I'm so proud of her... and you! I also love her big red bow. :)

    ReplyDelete