Friday, April 23, 2010

Gracie's 6 month stats

Gracie went for her 6 month well check Thursday, 1 month and 1 day after being discharged from the hospital. In the hospital, she had just turned 5 months old and her last weight was 15lbs. At her 4 month well check she weighed 16.7lbs (95th percentile) and was 26 3/4" (95th percentile.) I am always anxious to see how much the kiddos weigh but this time I was especially antsy. She's too weak to nurse and unless someone else is around to give her a bottle I am forced to feed her with a medicine syringe. I just was unsure how well that was going for her growth...
I couldn't get her to smile while her feet were crossed
but I loved how she did that on her own!

Well, it is going beautifully! She weighs 17.4lbs (75th percentile,) up 2.4lbs in 1 month and 1 day and has grown exactly an inch, 27 3/4" (95th percentile)!!

Because her muscles haven't completely recovered she was unable to receive her immunizations. The plan is to get them at 9 months in July. The doc thought she looked great though and of course she gave big beautiful smiles!

She fell over trying to get her toy with her feet crossed but she finally gave me her drooly smile!!

I have an interview with the local newspaper Monday morning to talk about Gracelyn and her botulism battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment