Saturday, May 8, 2010

Latest on Miss G

Gracelyn is finishing up her second solid food, sweet potatoes, this week. Just like the applesauce, they were a hit! She grabbed the spoon and sucked every last drop of them off the spoon! My plan is to finish out the veggies before any more fruits.


She is doing well at PT, getting stronger. She had rolled over front to back a few weeks ago (just like she had the week before she went into the hospital) BUT she has begun rolling over back to front!!! Talk about exciting! This is HUGE for her!! She is 2 months behind developmentally but we pray she will catch up eventually.




I had asked the doc at her 6 month well-check about her spitting up and was told to resume giving her the axid because her digestive system could be compared to a newborn's due to her sickness. I started giving it to her, but each day following, she was only getting worse. I mean the amount that she was spitting up, or more like projectile throwing up, was significant a week later.
This last Tuesday we went back to the doc and she was given a script for reglan, which didn't thrill either one of us because it limits mobility (the last thing she needs) BUT she needs to start keeping food down. For the last week and a half leading up to Tuesday morning, it was just milk that she wasn't keeping down but by that evening, it was her sweet potatoes too. On top of that she suddenly experienced extreme constipation beginning last Friday, more so than she has been since we've been home. The doc didn't know Tuesday if that's related to the other or not. AND she has thrush again, the second time since we've been home. That is another mystery. I'm really worried about her and the food situation. She's now been on the reglan since Wednesday and it isn't helping at all.
Recently, Gracelyn has been having fewer happy moments. She still has a pleasant personality but not as much as before. I don't know what is going on but I pray it's nothing serious.

This is the roller coaster that the PICU doctor warned me about and all I can do is pray for strength and patience for Gracelyn and myself. I know she will experience these and I trust God completely. What He has brought her through thus far, in such record time, is nothing short of a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment